Accounting Analyst, Inventory
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Inventory & Control, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of inventory accounting and that all aspects of inventory, from reception to sales, are properly accounted for and evaluated under the International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”).
- * Participate in all month-end closing steps:
- * Prepare and document accounting provisions on obsolescence, inventory in transit, and distribution costs;
- * Enter data in the system; and
- * Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts (balance sheet and operating results).
- § Develop new analytical reports based on cost of goods and margins;
- § Identify and analyze discrepancies between receipts of goods and invoicing and propose solutions to reduce any discrepancies;
- § Validate and approve service invoices for physical counts;
- § Perform inventory adjustments in the system and validate the impact on the cost of goods;
- § Follow up with the purchasing department on volume discounts with our major suppliers and monitor the accuracy of revenues reported by the SAP system;
- § Participate in special projects to identify and validate controls;
- § Select a sample of transactions to confirm if the processes, as described, are respected;
- § Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure that all controls (operational and financial) are designed and implemented correctly and operate efficiently; and
- § Prepare files and reports for external auditors and respond to their questions and requirements.
- * Bachelor's degree or diploma in administration, accounting, logistics or equivalent;
- * Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience, ideally in a retail environment with a significant technical role in inventory and other financial cycles;
- * Experience in an accounting firm (an asset);
- * Ability to understand the accounting impacts of inventory transactions (addition/removal);
- * Advanced skills in Excel and various tools such as BW;
- * Knowledge of SAP (an asset);
- * Takes initiative and has a keen eye for detail;
- * Comfortable and able to grow in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities and demands from multiple people; and
- * Bilingual (French and English).
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.