Accounting Technician, Inventory
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Inventory & Control, the Accounting Technician, Inventory, is responsible for proper inventory accounting across all Dollarama stores. The person would also participate in the inventory counts process.
- Participate in all month-end closing steps such as journal entry and analysis and reconciliation of accounts;
- Participate in all stages of the physical inventory taking for stores such as calendar updates, identifying discrepancies, adjusting inventory as needed, and reconciliation of results and reports;
- Classify and follow up on emails received for physical counts;
- Prepare and make inventory adjustments;
- Analyze variance reports;
- Update and prepare the satisfaction and inventory reports;
- Collect daily reports from the system; and
- Run certain reports in SAP.
- DEC or Diploma in Accounting, Logistics or a related program;
- Two (2) to three (3) years of relevant experience in inventory control, ideally in the retail industry;
- Strong communication and analytical skills;
- Possesses good organizational skills and has strong attention to detail;
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with changing priorities;
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel;
- Knowledge of SAP, an asset;
- Autonomous, enthusiastic and takes initative; and
- Bilingual (French and English).
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.