Accounts Payable Clerk
*Twelve (12) month contractual position*
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Team Supervisor, the Accounts Payable Clerk is able to meet tight deadlines and manage a high volume of work. He or she will maintain, reconcile and process accounts payable transactions in an efficient, timely and accurate manner. The clerk will also perform a variety of tasks to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Accounts Payable department.
- Set up, maintain and monitor accounts payable in accordance with Dollarama policies and good accounting practices;
- Use the SAP system to match, verify and schedule payments;
- Process all invoices and payment requests associated with payables accounts (local and/or international);
- Follow up on unpaid invoices according to schedules;
- Communicate with suppliers and administrative staff regarding missing documents or information, change requests or price discrepancies;
- Reconcile supplier statements and issue credit/debit notes to suppliers when necessary.
- Post-secondary education in accounting, or equivalent;
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in accounts payable management and/or basic knowledge of accounting principles;
- Work ethic, organizational skills and initiative;
- Attention to detail, thoroughness and the ability to multi-task;
- Problem solving, documentation and data analysis skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently while following instructions with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment;
- Ability to effectively organize time and manage priorities;
- Good knowledge of Excel and basic knowledge of the SAP application, an asset;
- Bilingualism (French and English), an asset.
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.