Assistant Manager, Assembly
Reporting to the Manager, Assembly, the Assistant Manager will plan and organize the daily operations of the Assembly Department, optimize resources and the execution of processes and maintain a safe and positive work environment by respecting the values and business ethics of the Company.
- Operation Reporting
- Analyze the assembly operations during his shift, define priorities and allocate team members according to operational needs;
- Evaluate and ensure the operational productivity of his team and participate in performance management;
- Analyze reports related to his department and take necessary actions.
- Production Management
- Ensure the standardization of procedures and work methods between the different sectors of his shift as well as with other shifts;
- Participate in the definition and communication of overall performance objectives to the Assembly Management Team (supervisors and team leaders);
- Carry out active supervision rounds;
- Communicate and raise the department's management team awareness of OHS standards and the procedures to follow in the event of a work accident;
- Ensure that the team works in a safe environment and complies with OHS standards;
- Ensure that material resources are used optimally;
- Ensure the accuracy and quality of the assembly of the pallets produced.
- Continuous Improvement
- Participate in the analysis and formulate recommendations related to the work environment and the equipment used by the team;
- Be a proactive force in identifying opportunities for improvement within his department;
- Act as a catalyst for operational changes related to his department by communicating and supporting the various stakeholders.
- Verify and validate timesheets in Kronos; Manage the staff of the teams assigned to him (recruitment, leave, rest, on-call duty, professional interview, assessment interview). Participate in the definition of the development plan in order to promote the continuous evolution of the skills of his team, coach the supervisors and apply corrective measures as needed;
- Replace the Assembly Manager when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, or an equivalent combination of studies and experience;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a similar position;
- Proven track record in implementing and managing growth in operations;
- Proven ability to mentor, coach and develop a team;
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities simultaneously;
- Good knowledge of the Office suite of applications, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Good communication skills;
- Analytical skills, organized and keen attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment;
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.