Director Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”)
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Corporate Finance and Treasurer, the Director FP&A will oversee all financial planning and analysis functions, and lead the budgeting, forecasting, long-term planning, and business strategic analysis of the financial team. This role will be responsible for providing insights and analytics to support business decision making. It will include the planning, coordination, analysis and “executive ready” communication of the quarterly and annual forecasts/budgets, business case evaluation and analytics of the Company’s performance and business opportunities. The Director FP&A will also lead and manage the capital budgeting and forecasting activities as well as act as a partner to key stakeholders when it comes to capital expenditures and reporting.
- Own the quarterly and annual budgeting, forecasting and management reporting processes, including budget and KPIs tracking, including planning and coordinating such processes across various groups in the Company
- Build strong financial models for the business, utilizing understanding of financial reporting and cash flow / capital structure information
- Review monthly and quarterly management reports and generate actionable insights for key stakeholders
- Partner with our internal accounting team on monthly and quarterly close process, financial reporting, and preparation of financial statements
- Create and implement a new capital governance framework, including 1) creation of business case to assess special projects, major investment and/or strategic initiatives, 2) budget tracking, and 3) post-mortem analysis
- Play an active part in creating business cases and/or analysis for the real estate team for store renovations, new store openings, relocations, etc.
- Challenge the status quo by continuously identifying areas of improvement and issues, and finding solutions
- Ensure the execution of team deliverables and adapt team priorities based on changing needs
- Prepare insightful presentations for management and the Board of Directors
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance required
- MBA, CFA and/or CPA designation preferred
- 10+ years of finance, corporate or FP&A experience
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, and/or consulting
- Retail industry experience is an asset
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, and financial modeling skills along with understanding of financial reporting (IFRS) and cash flow information
- Critical thinker with the ability to think big picture and conduct the right level of analysis depending on requirements
- Capacity to handle multiple responsibilities and tasks with tight deadlines in a fast paced and high-volume environment
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction to accomplish objectives
- Exceptional skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with SAP and BW is an asset
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.