Reporting to the Senior Manager, Logistics, the Import Clerk is responsible for providing accurate documentation for inbound and outbound shipments and following up on all issues related to shipments.
- Follow shipments from overseas until delivery to our warehouses;
- Deal with vendors, carriers, freight forwarders and transportation companies to ensure inbound shipments move in an efficient way;
- Validate all vendor's shipping documents for payment and customs clearance;
- Complete inbound and shipment documents in a timely manner for both import and direct sourcing shipments;
- Update all associated costs in SAP;
- Deal with vendors for empty space issues;
- Verify and process freight bills in a timely manner; and
- Other duties assigned to support the team.
- College Diploma (AEC) in Transportation, Logistics or in a similar field;
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in an import/export or logistics role;
- Good analytical skills combined with a keen attention to detail;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment with high volume;
- Knowledge of MS Office is required with proven Excel ability;
- Knowledge of SAP, an asset; and
- Fluent in English, oral and written (French is an asset).
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.