Reporting to the Senior Director of the Distribution Centre, the Manager will plan and organize the daily operations from the central aisle at the Distribution Centre, optimize resources, process execution, and maintain a safe and positive work environment while respecting company values and work ethics.
- Analyze department operations, define priorities and allocate team resources according to the operational needs of the work shift;
- Evaluate and ensure the operational productivity of distribution-related activities and the central aisle team and participate in performance management;
- Define and communicate the overall performance objectives to the management team;
- Analyze performance indicators and tailor the department's strategy to maximize productivity;
- Carry out active supervision rounds;
- Raise awareness and inform the department management team of OHS standards and the procedures to be followed in the event of a work-related accident;
- Ensure that the team works in a safe environment and respects OHS standards;
- Ensure that the inspection of the equipment is accomplished by the workers and that the mechanical issues are addressed;
- Identify training needs for the team, coach workers and apply corrective measures as needed;
- Ensure the quality and management of the merchandise received;
- Analyze and formulate recommendations related to the work environment and the equipment used by the team;
- Participate in the implementation of continuous improvement procedures across the department;
- Anticipate the difficulties related to seasonality or process changes, and adapt as needed;
- Review and validate timesheets in the Kronos software;
- Participate in the recruitment process for the department;
- Analyze reports for the department; and
- Support reception operations, if necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in administration, supply chain, operations management, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a similar position;
- Proven experience in implementing and managing the growth of operations;
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and develop a team;
- Ability to coordinate several activities at the same time;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of applications, particularly Excel;
- Good communication skills;
- Good analytical skills, organized and great attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a dynamic and high-volume environment; and
- Bilingualism (French and English).
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.