Manager, Human Resources
*We accept candidates from Vancouver and Calgary*
The HR Manager will report to the Director, Human Resources and will play a key role within an efficient, focused and dedicated human resources support team.
As a key part of this team, the Manager, Human Resources is responsible for supporting the business in achieving its goals through its people. The HR Manager is a generalist role and will be accountable for supporting the store environments on employee relations management, engagement and planning, and training and development in Alberta, British Columbia, and other provinces as needed. The HR Manager will succeed by advising and guiding the leaders of the Company, providing the tools and knowledge to support the leaders in their development as people managers.
- Responsible for providing human resources related advice and guidance to managers and employees, acting as the first point of contact for field enquiries in Alberta and British Columbia;
- Eventually manage, coach, offer guidance and develop one or several Field HR Advisors supporting stores in Western provinces;
- Fielding and responding to employee complaints or concerns;
- Conducting or facilitating investigations related to complaints of harassment, discrimination, bullying or violence;
- Day-to-day employee relations management, engagement and planning;
- Performance development and management coaching;
- Assisting in the management of health and safety complaints and at times, speaking to health and safety inspectors about visits, concerns or orders;
- Ensuring field teams are operating within company human resources guidelines;
- Administering company policy and procedures, including developing and communicating policies to ensure that they meet all aspects of provincial laws and are consistent within the company.
- At least ten years of business leadership experience in Human Resources with generalist experience gained within a fast-paced environment, with preferred experience in retail;
- Employee Relations experience is mandatory, ideally combined with Labour Relations experience;
- General knowledge of Employment Standards, Human Rights and Labour Relations legislation is required;
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources, Business Administration and/or a related program is an important asset;
- The position requires you to work remotely. The candidate will have to be in stores approximately 4 days a month;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct or facilitate thorough investigations of harassment, discrimination and violence complaints, review evidence collected and come to reasonable conclusions, communicate results verbally and write a detailed summary;
- Must be comfortable working in a very fast paced, action-oriented environment;
- A track record of demonstrated excellence in effectively recognizing and creating/modifying human resources practices and policies using the law and best practices related to employment;
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial and lean organization, where decisions are made quickly, and structures are still being put into place;
- Demonstrated excellence in conflict management and the ability to resolve issues, striking a balance between business and personal needs;
- Solid presentation and facilitation skills;
- Strong computer skills with intermediate ability in MS Office applications and various databases;
- High integrity and demonstrated ability to deal professionally with confidential information and sensitive associate relations issues;
- Good general business knowledge ideally developed through hands on experience in another function within a business;
- The ideal candidate will have a high energy level, be self-motivated, results oriented as well as creative, innovative, and flexible;
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable with limited travel throughout Canada, mostly AB and BC and for meetings in Montreal approximately twice a year;
- Strong writing skills are a must.
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.