Regional Manager, Outbound Logistics
Under the leadership of the Senior Manager, Outbound Logistics, the Regional Manager is responsible for managing a regional outbound supervisor and a team of logistics coordinators. This team is responsible for all transportation activities from the Distribution Centre to the stores: this includes linehauls, carrier deliveries, seasonal warehousing, and managing store service relations.
- Manage and coach the regional outbound logistics team;
- Manage daily store service operations with assigned cartage carriers, as well as delivery zones, transit time and carrier communication for store service flow;
- Ensure all store deliveries are completed on-time within windows, and manage the flow of pallets from terminals to stores;
- Manage seasonal packaway scheduling for all seasons (delivery and pick-up), and coordinate plans for extra truck needs;
- Ensure communication with shipping departments (store closures, store cut-off, pallet damages, etc.);
- Collaborate with internal departments (Inbound, Network Optimization) to implement best practices across the network, and ensure a proper flow of information;
- Follow-up and communicate with Regional District Managers (RDM) and District Managers (DM) on a daily & weekly basis;
- Assist in the management of cartage carrier contracts, linehaul carrier contracts and external (3PL) warehouse contracts, and assist in negotiation of transportation rates with vendors;
- Assist senior management in preparing and analyzing RFPs when needed;
- Work with carriers to recommend and review optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, etc.;
- Ensure transport companies compliance with store service delivery policies and procedures;
- Monitor transportation costs and identify opportunities (with other departments) to reduce transport costs across the outbound network;
- Set-up and maintain process documentation and standard operation procedures for store service and outbound operational activities;
- Review and manage accumulation and store delivery requirements, and evaluate and coordinate changes as needed (pallets heights, pallets max);
- Review carriers' KPIs on periodic basis for continuous performance improvement;
- Performs Regional Warehouse Audits and Packaway Audits.
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or in a relevant field;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar role;
- Minimum of three (3) years of leadership experience in management roles;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with high volume;
- Great leadership and problem-solving skills;
- Detail-oriented, result-oriented, and good organizational and planning skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good computer knowledge and skills, especially with Excel; SAP is a strong asset;
- Experience in the retail industry is a definite asset;
- Bilingual (French and English);
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.