Senior Manager, Network Optimization (Transportation)
The Senior Manager, Network Optimization leads a team responsible for the reporting, analytics, and continuous improvement of Dollarama’s transportation department. The incumbent will be responsible for developing the transportation department’s annual operating budget, tracking costs, and leading the team through the monthly reconciliation process. His or her team manages the department’s project pipeline, provides project management services and acts as subject matter experts for continuous improvement and business growth initiatives.
- Analyze operational processes, identify opportunities for improvement and optimization, confirm feasibility, and assess potential gains;
- Drive forward ideas and initiatives to better control and reduce costs;
- Participate in Dollarama operational reviews, as well as performance reviews of various 3rd party partners;
- Prepare RFPs, analyze proposals, and make recommendations;
- Develop, organize, and improve SOP's;
- Prepare presentations for business meetings;
- Maintain and improve KPI reports, transportation scorecards, and carrier scorecards to drive performance;
- Manage the transportation project pipeline.
- Provide coaching, supervision, and assistance to project leaders;
- Ensure that operating systems contain the most up-to-date and accurate information at all times (e.g. rate updates in SAP);
- Complete various reports as required;
- Cover special assignments based on needs (e.g. supporting the day-to-day operations);
- Act as a subject matter expert for Inbound and Outbound operations, by providing necessary technical support (e.g. SAP core enterprise system, Fiori YMS, Microsoft Excel);
- Manage the budget process: creation, approval, tracking costs, reconciliation (actual vs budget) and validation of invoices; and
- Provide leadership for EDI setups and maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or in a relevant field;
- Ten (10) years of leadership experience in management roles related to analytics, reporting and project management, preferably in the field of Supply Chain;
- Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced and high-volume;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Detailed-oriented and great analytical skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to lead a team autonomously;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Solid computer skills, including the Microsoft Office suite (especially with Excel);
- Strong understanding of EDI transactions; and
- Bilingual (French and English).
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.