Supervisor, Assembly (evening)
Reporting to the Assembly Manager, the Supervisor will support the management team in planning and organizing daily assembly operations, optimizing resources and executing processes, as well as maintaining a safe and positive work environment while respecting the values and ethics of the company.
- Allocate team members according to the priorities and operational needs of the shift;
- Evaluate and ensure the operational productivity of the assembly operations and implement action plans to minimize planning and execution discrepancies;
- Monitor the productivity of the team leaders under his responsibility and subsequently of the workers under their own responsibility;
- Promote OHS standards and the procedures to follow in the event of an accident in the workplace;
- Ensure that the team operates in a safe environment and respects OHS standards;
- Identify training needs within the team, coach workers and apply corrective measures as needed;
- Identify issues related to the quality and management of the inventory activities, and propose action plans to the manager;
- Ensure that the assembly team has at its disposal, at all times, the tools and materials necessary to ensure that operations function properly;
- Contribute to operational fluidity within the department so that it is optimal;
- Analyze and issue recommendations related to the work environment and the equipment used by the team;
- Supervise the collection of data used for the production of KPIs and validate their integrity;
- Participate in the implementation of continuous improvement procedures within the department;
- Maximize resources based on absenteeism and operational needs;
- Verify and validate timesheets in the Kronos software application;
- Participate in the recruitment process and in the development of members within the department;
- Review and ensure the integrity of the various reports for the department and explain any discrepancies raised by the reports.
- Bachelor's degree in administration, supply chain management, operations management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a similar position;
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and develop a team;
- Ability to coordinate several activities at the same time;
- Good knowledge of the Office suite of applications, specifically Excel;
- Ability to interpret performance indicators;
- Good communication skills;
- Organized, rigorous and great attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and high-volume environment.
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.