As a team member of the payroll department, the payroll technician participates in all activities related to payroll processing according to established deadlines.
- Verify and analyze all payroll changes. Request additional information from managers, employees or HR, if necessary;
- Process salary increases and bonus payments;
- Calculate and process special payments, notices or other payments;
- Manage support payments, garnishments and follow up on various files;
- Validate data to ensure accurate system entries;
- Transfer timesheet data and make the necessary corrections;
- Perform a variety of analyzes and produce various reports;
- Process payroll for a high volume of employees;
- In case of overpayments, communicate with employees to negotiate and recommend a repayment plan;
- Calculate remittances of source deductions, support payments and garnishees;
- Issue Records of Employment;
- Respond to questions and requests from employees, HR advisors and managers;
- Analyze and solve customer problems and coordinate their resolution;
- Complete requests for information;
- Actively participate in the improvement of processes and the related documentation.
- High school diploma;
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience;
- Hold a CPA certification (NPI);
- Knowledge of SAP HR/Payroll and Kronos (an asset);
- Ability to detect, analyze and find relevant solutions to problems encountered;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Keen eye for detail, thoroughness and customer service oriented;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Great respect for confidentiality;
- Good knowledge of Canadian payroll processing practices and laws;
- Good knowledge of Excel and computer savvy;
- Bilingualism (French and English).
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.